Canada is one of the countries that has been experiencing a huge influx of expat tourists from the GCC countries for the past few years. Canada features one of the favourite holiday destinations to expatriates especially to escape the intense summer of the year.
To visit Canada an Indian expatriate to apply for Canada tourist visa or a Temporary resident visitor visa. It allows one to visit or stay in Canada temporarily for tourism or to visit family or relatives.
Basically, there are 2 types of visitor visas,
Single-entry visitor visa - Valid up to a period of 6 months
Multiple entry visitor visas - Valid up to the maximum period of 10 years or one month before your passport expires, whichever comes first.
You should meet these basic criteria to be eligible for a visitor visa
Have a valid Indian passport
Be Financial subsistent
Have strong ties to your country to ensure you wouldn’t overstay your trip.
No criminal record
No intention to work or study**
1.Valid passport with a minimum of 6 months validity from the date of travel 2. Valid residence permit of your residing GCC country.
3. Travel History: Details showing the history for instance copies of visas issued in the past 5 years in the current of previous passports.
4. Travel Itinerary: Copy of flight and hotel reservations.
5. Financial documents like bank statement showing transaction details in the past 3 months.
6. Employment documents including a confirmation letter from the employer on the company letterhead with a format adhering to the guidelines of giving a brief introduction and the employment status of the applicant. Self-employed applicants should provide a copy of their trade or business registration license.
7. Invitation from the friends or family if any – Details of your host in Canada including copies of proof of their residence in Canada.
8. Recent photograph: 2 recent (not older than 6 months) good quality
Use a certified translator to translate your documents if they’re not in English or French.
* Need to give a medical exam If your visit exceeds for more than 6 months if you’re a resident of Qatar
**can enrol for courses less than 6 months without a study permit.
You will need to submit your biometrics for your Canada tourist visa application which is valid for ten years. Submit the application and the biometrics at the visa application centre in your residing GCC country. You will need to make an appointment for this.
The processing time for Canada tourist visa is from 24 to 36 working days, but it may vary.
It is always recommended to have a consultant’s expertise in these areas. They provide you with relevant documents, assists you in the completion of forms and helps you to avoid any potential errors.